The Company, headquartered in North Carolina, operates in the public safety Emergency 9-1-1 telecommunications market, which represents one of the largest, most dynamic markets in transition in the world. This is an opportunity for you to join a growing organization and contribute to the Company’s success as we execute our corporate strategies.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer to assist technically in executing the strategy to sell the Synergem Services portfolio. Synergem provides a range of solutions for both telecommunication providers, public safety agencies, educational institutions and large enterprises all centered on the transition to National Emergency Number Association’s (NENA) i3 standard, or more commonly, NextGen 9-1-1.
The Sales Engineer will be the technical sales leader and primary end customer technical consultant positioning Synergem NG9-1-1 services. Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales team and building business success by educating, technically qualifying, designing and presenting to prospects. The Sales Engineer will require a comprehensive understanding of legacy E9-1-1 technologies and environments as well as the Next Generation technology based on NENA i3 standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the Sales Team with technical expertise
- Direct customer interaction including, qualification, positioning, education, design, and proposal preparation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of sales presentations
- Perform both “relationship” selling and highly technical selling necessary to expedite the sales cycle
- Collaborate with other Synergem team members to maximize winning opportunities
- Travel to customer site
- The Sales Engineer may attend conferences and functions for the promotion of Synergem services
- This person must possess a strong, demonstrated skill of supporting sales in the telecommunications and/or software industries. Specific experience with “emergency services” and VoIP protocols is a strong plus. This person should also be adept at sales leadership, for technical team selling, and creating written proposals and sales supporting documentation.Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, engineering or related discipline required, Master’s Degree a plus
- 10+ years of technology sales experience with 9-1-1 telecommunications solutions
- NENA ‘i3’ Next Generation 9-1-1 subject matter expertise is essential
- Superior presentations skills
- Good customer services skills to deal day-to-day with all enquiries and cultivate relationships with future clients
- Outstanding communication skills as much of the job involves presentations, conferences and other sales pitches
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently within time constraints.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office any other standard software related to sales and marketing.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment to manage multiple priorities and numerous business initiatives simultaneously
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
The person will work out of their home office in a collaborative environment utilizing telephone, teleconferencing, email and text, and incorporating the use of various technology tools to facilitate teamwork in a distributed work environment.
Normal office conditions in a remote office location apply, with travel to customer and vendor locations and to periodic company meetings. The employee is expected to maintain a safe working environment.
There are currently no employees reporting directly to this position.
This job description is a living document and will be updated as often as necessary and reviewed annually. Accordingly, the specific requirements listed are subject to change.