The Company, headquartered in North Carolina, operates in the public safety Emergency 9-1-1 telecommunications market, which represents one of the largest, most dynamic markets in transition in the world. This is an opportunity for you to join a growing organization and contribute to the Company’s success as we execute our corporate strategies.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance professional to lead the development and implementation of the Testing and QA Program for the full suite of Synergem products. Synergem provides a range of solutions for both telecommunication providers and public safety agencies, all centered on the National Emergency Number Association’s (NENA) i3 standard, or more commonly, NextGen 9-1-1.
The Quality Assurance Manager will work with the Engineering and Development teams to build and maintain a testing and quality program for the full suite of Synergem’s software. This critical role will ensure that Synergem has appropriate QA facilities to test products related to telecommunications and network integration, as well as customer facing applications in both thick and thin-client versions. This person will define and implement the testing procedures which are used in every stage of the Agile method and will contribute daily as part of the development team scrums. This person will also lead the development of documentation needed to support both internal and external users of the software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, implement and manage a thorough Quality Assurance process for the company, including identification of the technical resources needed to perform QA on all software development products.
- Design, implement and maintain test procedures, including test cases, as necessary for each release and for regression testing.
- Maintain and track resolution of issues found during testing.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that the technical resources are deployed and ready to support daily testing efforts.
- Perform the primary QA functions and ensure that all products are delivered with optimal quality.
- Participate in regular meetings with Engineering and Development (including daily scrums) to represent and prioritize QA requirements.
- Develop and maintain the portfolio of internal and external documentation, and participate as needed in external meetings with customers and prospects.
- This person must possess a strong working knowledge of Quality Assurance in the telecommunications and/or software industries. Specific experience with emergency services, especially the NG9-1-1 standards, and VoIP protocols is a strong plus. This person should also be adept at project management, scientific testing protocols, and creating written communications with a market focus.
- 10+ years of technology leadership experience with a diverse work history including project management, quality assurance, customer or market communications, new product launches, and managing teams for organizational success. NG9-1-1, SIP and/or Telecom experience are strongly desired.
- 5+ years experience in product launch is beneficial.
- Proven record of establishing processes, building teams and scaling activities to match strong business growth
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and numerous business initiatives simultaneously and work in an unstructured environment
- Polished communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience that demonstrates the ability to provide immediate impact and value to the organization
Location is flexible, either from home or a satellite office. In either case, the person will work in a collaborative environment utilizing telephone, teleconferencing, email and text, and incorporating the use of various technology tools to facilitate teamwork in a distributed work environment.
Normal office conditions in a remote office location apply, with occasional travel to customer and vendor locations and to periodic company meetings. The employee is expected to maintain a safe working environment.
There are currently no employees reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
This job description is a living document and will be updated as often as necessary and reviewed annually. Accordingly, the specific requirements listed are subject to change.