The Company, headquartered in North Carolina, operates in the public safety 9-1-1 call center telecommunications market, which represents one of the largest, most dynamic markets in transition in the world. This is an opportunity for you to join a growing organization and contribute to the Company’s success as we execute our corporate strategies.
We are seeking a Project Manager to guide the implementation of deployments with telecom carriers and public safety call centers (PSAPs) nationwide. We are deploying our SynergemNET™ suite of services, a new and compelling product offering that is revolutionizing the 9-1-1 call center industry with a critical solution that brings the benefits of VoIP technology to both carriers and public safety agencies in the United States. This is known as Next Gen 9-1-1.
The Project Manager will apply industry-standard project management practices to guide the successful deployment of Synergem’s network-based solutions for NG9-1-1. The individual will work with the team of Engineering, Product Management and Program Management to ensure that project timelines are built, tracked and delivered for customer satisfaction. The successful candidate should possess a detailed knowledge of project management practices, as well as telecommunications and software protocols. Experience with managing projects in the telecom, data communications and/or call center activities is required, with direct 9-1-1 industry experience a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an IT Project Manager on major IT projects, working with complex stakeholder environments and enterprise wide services.
- Experience in planning and implementing telecommunications and knowledge of general telephone industry procedures, including Voice over IP telephony.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with MS Project and developing schedule tools to manage and track major IT projects, as well as experience developing other project control documents for IT project management.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendor relationships, reviewing and approving vendor deliverables, managing and monitoring vendor work progress and performance, negotiating and managing contract changes as well as implementing corrective action plans as required.
- Demonstrated ability to present oral or written reports to key stakeholder groups.
- Prior experience in the emergency services or 9-1-1 industries.
- Strong grounding in managing highly visible, cross jurisdictional, politically sensitive IT Projects.
- Have effective conflict resolution skills and ability to work in a highly political environment.
- Ability to build strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders and influence desired outcomes.
- Have experience with projects that cross more than one Department or Organization that could potentially have competing or different requirements.
- Full understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Project Management Methodology principles that embody the PMBO.
Current location is flexible, either from home or a satellite office. In either case, the person will work remotely in a collaborative environment utilizing telephone, teleconferencing, email and text, and incorporating the use of various technology tools to facilitate teamwork in a distributed work environment. Potential re-location to an Atlanta office is possible within the next six months.
Normal office conditions in a remote office location apply, with occasional travel to customer and vendor locations and to periodic company meetings. The employee is expected to maintain a safe working environment.
There are currently no direct reports. There is potential for growth as the company and projects expand.
This job description is a living document and will be updated as often as necessary and reviewed annually. Accordingly, the specific requirements listed are subject to change.