When people call 9-1-1, they expect to be heard. Today their calls often include video, text, telematics, medical data, and/or alarm signals. To hear and see every call or message, a PSAP must be served by a NENA i3-compliant Emergency Services IP Network (ESInet).
EvolutionNet™, Synergem’s ESInet, has been designed from the ground up to the NENA i3 standards using the technology of best-in-class partners such as Oracle and Avaya. It ensures that you will be the lifeline people need on what might otherwise be the worst day of their lives!
Nearly 90% of U.S. households use wireless service.
39% of U.S. households are wireless only.In 2014, 97% of U.S. PSAPs processed only voice calls.They risked providing over 232 million callers with substandard service.
Built to i3 standards for optimal survivability, interoperability and flexibility
EvolutionNET™ operates within Synergem’s Virtual Environment; a cloud where each critical component is deployed in a redundant configuration that provides automatic failover without user intervention. Our virtual environment is connected to each PSAP (Primary and Backup), or other destinations (such as a mobile PSAP), using a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network.
- Built from inception according to the end-state architectural specifications described in NENA 08-003, the Detailed Functional and Interface Specification for the NENA i3 Solution – Stage 3.
- Deployed within a Virtual Systems Infrastructure (VSI). Core elements such as the Border Control Function (BCF), Emergency Call Routing Function (ECRF) the Emergency Services Routing Proxy (ESRP are protected within a secure data center. Should connectivity with this center be disrupted, local network survivability is assured by redundant network functional elements installed in PSAPs served by the network.
- Carries Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) video, photos, text-to-9-1-1, and other data as carriers develop the capability to deliver it.
- Accommodates Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs), Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs), and future media providers.
- Interconnects with the Telephone Service Providers (TSPs) and will receive SOI updates from them directly without the need for an ALI database or selective router. These obsolete components have no place in an NG environment and can be decommissioned immediately, or at the end of current contract periods.
- Interconnects with other regional ESInets that now exist or may be provisioned in the future, in accordance with NENA’s “Network of Networks” vision.
- Uses innovative tools to simplify the process of negotiating interconnect agreements with TSPs.
EvolutionNETTM will load balance calls across multiple platforms and has the ability to accept calls from a variety of classes of service.
Accelerated transition to NG9-1-1 service
Our transition strategy accelerates the migration from legacy to Next Generation service by using various gateways that:
- Allow i3 PSAPs to continue to rely on critical legacy components;
- Provide Telecommunications Service Providers (TSPs) with ESInet connectivity even before they are i3-capable.
Synergem offers EvolutionNETTM using a Solution as a Service” (SaaS) pricing model. SaaS will allow you to tailor your solution to meet their actual call-taking needs. SaaS will not force you to “get by” with a standard prototype bent to fit local requirements. In a SaaS environment, Synergem owns and maintains key elements. Users pay an annual subscription fee and no more!