The Company, headquartered in North Carolina, operates in the public safety 9-1-1 call center telecommunications market, which represents one of the largest, most dynamic markets in transition in the world. This is an opportunity for you to join a growing organization and contribute to the Company’s success as we execute our corporate strategies.
We are seeking a Director, Software Development, NG9-1-1 & IP Telecommunications, to enhance and extend our emerging portfolio of SIP and data product offerings for the NextGen 9-1-1 standards. This is a new and compelling product offering that is revolutionizing the 9-1-1 call center industry with a critical solution that brings the benefits of VoIP technology to both carriers and public safety agencies in the United States. This is known as Next Gen 9-1-1.
The Director, Software Development will lead the team that produces the core products for Synergem. These include the “Core Services” of the NG9-1-1 architecture that route emergency calls through this new network architecture, as well the call-taking applications that are used in the emergency call centers. The successful candidate should possess a detailed knowledge of telecommunications software products. Experience with IMS/Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) IETF-defined signaling protocol, Agile Development methodologies, Regression testing / Use Case development / Quality Assurance, software defect resolution and reporting, and launching new products is a plus. In addition, experience with the Avaya Aura platform and developing applications to run in that environment is strongly desired.
- Java, VB and C# in .Net experience (10+ years)
- Strong SQL skills (5+years)
- WinForms/WPF Knowledge (5+years)
- Strong OO fundamentals and expertise (5+years)
- Demonstrated leadership of a software development team (5+years)
- IMS/Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) IETF-defined signaling protocol
- Telephony Experience (Oracle, Avaya)
- Prior experience in the emergency services or 9-1-1 industries
- ADO Entities
- C++ Experience
- Team Foundation System (TFS)
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Experience developing any applications on Microsoft and Linux servers and clients
- Agile Development methodologies
- Regression testing / Use Case development / Quality Assurance
- Software defect resolution and reporting
Current location is flexible, either from home or a satellite office. In either case, the person will work remotely in a collaborative environment utilizing telephone, teleconferencing, email and text, and incorporating the use of various technology tools to facilitate teamwork in a distributed work environment. Potential re-location to an Atlanta office is possible within the next six months.
Normal office conditions in a remote office location apply, with occasional travel to customer and vendor locations and to periodic company meetings. The employee is expected to maintain a safe working environment.
There are currently two employees reporting directly to the Director, Software Development. This team will likely grow significantly within the next two years.
This job description is a living document and will be updated as often as necessary and reviewed annually. Accordingly, the specific requirements listed are subject to change.